Gym routine: do's and don'ts
Today we go through all the do's and don'ts of an effective gym routine, and pick-out the essentials to carry from 9am to 9pm. Women on the go love efficiency, and you know we love a good keep and kill beauty list, so we thought we'd save you the hustle and help you ladies.
Packing the right gear
As I usually head out straight to the gym from work, I tend to prep my things the night before to avoid being in the rush in the morning and forgetting the important stuff. I have learnt with time to considerably downsize and select the very essentials.
- Dry shampoo: This is a great alternative to a full wash n' blow-out routine, if that is too unrealistic. Dry shampoo will give you freshness and whoomph in literally two seconds. Pack our favourite one.
- Miniatures and samples: Key is to keep it light. Deodorant, shampoo, shower gel, body lotion, conditioner, face moisturizer: forget your home bottles.
- Make-up remover wet wipes
- Foldable hairbrush
- Change of underwear. Pretty obvious, and yet you'd be surprised!
- Hand sanitizer. Oh yeah, you know my love for that stuff.
- Healthy snacks. I usually go for 5 to top 8 almonds.
- Water bottle
- Eat before training. You have to wait two hours minimum after your last meal, otherwise (and I experienced it many times...) you'll feel bloated or just feel sick.
- Forget to warm up. Either it's 5minutes fast walking or 5minutes of head/arms/shoulders/hips/ankles and wrist circles, warm up is essential.
- Snack before going to bed! It's the worst hour to store fat.
- Take a hot shower! Helps the muscles recovery. Massive bonus point, showering after your workout will get rid of bacterias and avoid unwanted pimples to flare up on your chest.
- Drink! Drink a glass of water just before and then drink just after the first half hour to avoid soreness. You should drink at least 1,5L of water a day which represents 8 to 10 glass of water. Water is good for your liver and helps tremendously to fight snacking urges.
- Try to keep from eating for the first 30minutes following your workout.
Want more gym recommendations? Read our previous post "Hairstyles to glam up your workout"!
What do's and don'ts do you want to share with us?